GE Profile Washer leaking out of flood hose

Old 01-09-19, 05:18 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE Profile Washer leaking out of flood hose

I have a GE Profile WPRE6100G0WT which started leaking from the flood hose. It starts leasking right when agitation starts, but only for the largest size loads (I think extra-large and super). It works fine for anything smaller. I changed out the flood hose gasket, which was a little yucky, but it did not fix the problem.

I've tried other diagnostics. Checked the pressure switch hose (clear), checked the drain pump hose (it drains fine), unplugged it while filling (it stops) and it always fills to the proper level. Is there another obvious thing I'm missing?

Thanks for your help.

Old 01-09-19, 10:39 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
You are talking about the over flow tube in back left? Does the water get to high in tub? Only worked on a few of those before I retired, Am trying to think of reason it does this. Can you open lid after it fills if you shut it down or unplug it? Only thing I can think of is pressure switch.

Old 01-09-19, 10:53 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Some machines will overfill if you add clothes after the tub is almost full. I haven't worked on one of those GE washers and can't quite understand how that overflow tube would work. It almost looks like it would get connected back into the pump.

I see mentions of a defective gasket which you did replace. Then I see to check for a clogged overflow tube or a tub crack around the flood fitting. It sounds like the machine is slightly overfilling.

sears parts direct/model-number/wpre6100g0wt

Old 01-10-19, 04:21 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
On the older GE washers when this happened it was cause by transmission but this is a totally different washer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: