Whirlpool Dishwasher GU2400XTPT6

Old 02-03-19, 11:46 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 67 Upvotes on 52 Posts
Whirlpool Dishwasher GU2400XTPT6

Trying to help my daughter with this dishwasher. The Clean light is flashing (7 times then repeats) and it will do nothing else. I have looked at her owners manual and it says it has malfunctioned and to call a service tech to check the heater circuit. Well she has never used the dry function on just the glass express option. I have looked everywhere for an answer to the codes that flash but keep coming up empty, even the Whirlpool site offers nothing. Anyone care to take a stab at this? Machine is about 10 years old but is used maybe 2 times a week and still looks and worked like new so she doesn't really want to replace it with the new stuff offered today (can't say I blame her) if there is a cost effective repair. Unplugging it as per Whirlpool doesn't reset anything.

Old 02-03-19, 12:20 PM
Received 79 Upvotes on 69 Posts
I found this forum that discussed the same problem you're having. Hopefully, it will help: https://forum.appliancepartspros.com...keeps-flashing

Old 02-03-19, 02:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
The best thing to do is to remove the lower kick panel and look inside for the tech sheet. It will tell you how to diagnose the electronics and reset the machine. Look closely..... it may be in a little plastic bag tucked up inside.

I'll try to find one online for you.

Old 02-03-19, 08:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Please download the tech sheet from the link below.
Let me know when you have it so I can remove it.

Your 7 flash code is caused by a heating issue. The heating element, thermostat or wiring can cause that code. You can run the machine thru the diagnostics where it will reset it and you can try and see if the same problem comes back.

Link removed.

Last edited by PJmax; 02-04-19 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-04-19, 04:35 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 67 Upvotes on 52 Posts
That is what I needed since there was no tech sheet in the machine. I saved it so you can remove the link and thanks a lot for your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: