Kenmore Elite Electric Range burners not working

Old 03-20-19, 11:30 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Elite Electric Range burners not working

Hi. I have a Kenmore Elite Electric Range Ser#: NF23922339 Model#: 970C44293200 and the cooktop suddenly stopped working. All other functions … double ovens, warming burner on the cook top still work. I shut the stove off and turned it back on and received error code F20. I looked up the error code which tells me to check the wire harness connections between the lower oven door lock motor and the relay control board. Does this sound like it would affect the cooktop? Looking for a schematic and/or manual for the stove to assist in navigating and trying to fix the issue. Any guidance? Thanks so much.

Old 03-20-19, 05:41 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,480 Votes on 1,368 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I can't always find diagrams for Canadian built appliances. That looks to be made by Frigidaire (or possibly Electrolux) for Sears. I think I located a tech sheet for your range. If I did..... WOW.... that's an all electronic stove. I can see trouble repairing that unit. That is an extremely complicated and expensive control board. If it's a typical Frigidaire board problem it's going to be burned terminals where the wires connect to the control board or solder connections broken/burned around control relays.

Look over the tech lit and see if it looks like your range.

There should also be service information..... called a tech sheet..... inside of the drawer area or inside the back cover. It's usually folded small and in a plastic bag.

Frigidaire tech sheet (pdf)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: