Frigidaire fridge ice maker leaks/overflows when using water dispenser

Old 04-09-19, 06:19 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Frigidaire fridge ice maker leaks/overflows when using water dispenser

First time poster . . .

When I dispense water from the door, water also flows into the ice maker and drips into the tray where it leaks out of the ice dispenser chute and out of the door or freezes into a block in the bottom of the ice tray.

An older thread referenced this exact same problem:
https://www.doityourself.com/forum/e...ice-maker.html

and included a diagnosis of “a shorted diode in the valve control circuit”, but did not include a solution. (In my case, I’ve already replaced the water inlet valve assembly and the problem continues, so this diagnosis makes sense).

My question is: how is this corrected? Where is the diode/valve control circuit? Can it be replaced? Is it in the circuit board in the ice/water dispenser controls on the door?

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-19, 06:06 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,193 Votes on 1,104 Posts
The "solution" was in the service manual link I posted. In many fridges..... the diodes are in the wiring lines right near the valves down in the lower back corner of the fridge.

I'll need a full model number to comment further.

Your fridge should have a tech sheet. Typically it's behind the front kickplate. It'll be folded up in a small plastic bag. If there is no kickplate.... look back by the compressor. It will have a full wiring diagram on it.