Noisy Maytag washer PAV 2300

Old 08-01-19, 10:45 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Noisy Maytag washer PAV 2300

After my wife washed a heavy bathroom rug, the washing machine squels loudly when spinning. It is also hard to turn manually and stops abruptly when I open the lid. I think it used to slowly stop. I started to take it apart from the inside but before I took the 4 rusted nuts out, I decided to post. Does this sound like a belt? Should I open from the bottom area? It did move around from the rug and it does need to be re leveled but this did not help when I put it back in place with nothing in it. Thanks, clothes are starting to pile up. .

Old 08-02-19, 04:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
PAV 2300 is a type not a model # which we need to help better. Squeakling sounds like a belt and most Maytag belts are on bottom. Tilt washer back against wall and look under washer. Model # if I remember right is found on back of console.

Old 08-03-19, 04:49 AM
W
Noisy maytag

I saw it on the original users guide it called it the performa oversize capacity plus washer. I double checked and it says model number pav2300aww rev 12 serial number 12324259zm.
I will try to look under and not sure if tub needs to come out first.

Last edited by willkeeptrying; 08-03-19 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Model name is performa
Old 08-05-19, 04:02 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Sorry not getting back sooner have been blocked from site all weekend. Found out ad blocker was doing it, Never happened before.
Does it squeal all times you try to use washer in spin? Did you check belt?
May need this to be lubed or replaced vbut need more info
Thrust bearing kit.
WPL-12002213

Old 08-07-19, 07:20 PM
W
When I got access to the bottom part I noticed the spring in the back didn’t seem right. I adjusted it with a screw driver but not sure if I did anything. I also thought the washing machine cover that holds down the basket wasn’t sitting in right and holding it centered. Anyway, I put it all back and no more high pitch. Thanks for your help. Was expecting to see a loose belt in plain site, which I didn’t.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: