Wrong Signal of Range Door Locked

Old 08-10-19, 12:34 PM
W
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wrong Signal of Range Door Locked

My stove range is Frigidaire FES355ASB. Two days ago, I press "Clean" in control panel for stove self clean. Control panel Shows "dr", and continues beep. I press "Clean" in panel, "F9" error shows in display, then " Door Locked" indicator fresh forever. Check the door, it could be opened and is not locked as shown by indicator. Now I can not make "Bake" or "Broil". How to solve this problem, stop fresh and let "Bake" and "Broil" work again? Is this control circuit problem or lock mechanism? Thanks

Attached Images  
Old 08-10-19, 12:44 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
From the manual.....
The error code "F9" indicates a failure with the latch motor. Since the door did not physically lock, open the door and locate the door light switch plunger. Push and hold the door light plunger in and then press Clear/Off while continuing to press in on the door plunger. If "dr or F9" does not clear then shut the door and then program and start a clean cycle. Wait 2 minutes after starting the clean cycle and then press Clear/Off and wait to see what happens.

Old 08-10-19, 02:04 PM
W
Thank you for fast reply.
Following your suggestion, I do below: (1) open the door; (2) Press and hold light plunger, and press "Clear/off" at same time; (3) the display shows "dr", continue do both (press "Clear/off" and press/hold light plunger) till "dr" in display disappear; (4) then, release pressing both and close the door. "Door locked" indicator still fresh; (5) Press "Clean" for self cleaning cycle function, display shows "dr" and beep several times, then display is changed to show "F9" and beep non stop till I press "Clear/off" again. "Door locked" indicator still fresh; (6) After a few minutes, I try to press "Clean" again, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

**By the way, (a) when the door is closed, light is off always; (b) Press and hold "clear/off", the display show "r9" only unless press "Bake".

Old 08-10-19, 10:37 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Try turning the power off to the range for several minutes and see if that clears it.

Old 08-12-19, 05:08 AM
W
I did, no change.
Is this possible control circuit problem or lock mechanic problem?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: