Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Household Cleaning, Kitchen Appliance Service and Repairs > >Electric< Large Kitchen and Home Appliances
Reload this Page >

LG Dryer DLGX5001W - D90 code with venting disconnected - how to clean blockage?

LG Dryer DLGX5001W - D90 code with venting disconnected - how to clean blockage?

Old 08-22-19, 07:49 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts

Hi,

I’ve been getting Dxx codes for about a month (indicating percentage of blockage - 85, 90, and now 95%). I tried to clean the venting from the outside with no luck (the dryer is tucked back in a corner with not much room in front to clean from the inside).

I finally had a company come to clean it. They also do it from the outside. I still got D90!!

So we bit the bullet and pulled the dryer out and I squeezed back there. I removed the vent from the back of the dryer. To troubleshoot, we ran it like that, thinking it would be fine. Lo and behold we got D90 again!

How do I clear this? Vacuum up into the vent and hope it pulls the blockage?? I’ve cleaned the lint filter with a long brush a few times.

Thanks!

Old 08-22-19, 11:17 AM
W
UPDATE - I just took the little elbow connector the installer had attached to the back and had a clear view until the next elbow (several inches). I reached in as far as I could and there was no blockage/lint/etc.

So what's the next step... where does that go relative to the lint trap?

Thanks!

Old 08-22-19, 04:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Not common on your dryer but the blower wheel could have come loose from shaft. If this happens the center of wheel flst wears out and wheel spins on shaft. Only way to find out is to take front of dryer off.Same way you will have to check the Lint chutes. Screws need to come out of top in back and top will slide back. Some are really stuck I always have a pair of rubber grip gloves to push top back if stuck. Dryer dissambles from front after this.

Old 08-23-19, 08:38 AM
W
Thanks! I actually have an endoscope camera and so put that down the lint trap into the hole and can see the blower wheel. It appears to be in place. I'm not sure how to tell whether it actually spins or not.

This dryer is under an extended warranty (external via credit card) - I would assume at this point this would be covered under warranty. Would you agree?

Thanks!

Old 08-23-19, 11:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If the dryer is not blowing out the back yes it should be covered.

Old 08-23-19, 02:25 PM
W
SOLVED!!! WASH the lint filter! Don't just empty/vacuum it!

I called an appliance company to get an estimate (as it's still under an extended warranty w/ the credit card company).... and he says, did you try the dryer w/o the filter screen? I said no, it always says not to do that...... so he suggests taking everything out and try it to see how the flow is as he's heard others have this issue.... and lo and behold, the flow was amazing!

We "clean" the filter after every cycle.... and I even vacuum it every so often..... but who knew it also needed a deep cleaning with soap/water?! I don't think I ever cleaned my previous dryer's filter, but I'm guessing the screen wasn't as dense.

So, I cleaned it, and ran a test load. So far so good. I have the first real load in right now. The flow outside is strong, so I'm sure the cycle will complete.

Good info at this link as well.
https://www.today.com/series/how-oft...-way-do-t77396

Thanks for all the help!!

Waseem Hassan voted this post useful.
Old 08-23-19, 03:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Haven't seen this with LG but been retired for about 5 years.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: