Whirlpool Washing Machine filling problems

Old 09-22-19, 06:26 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Whirlpool Washing Machine filling problems

Hello Everyone!

Just got home from a 3 week vacation and of course the washing machine wont work properly. It is a whirlpool wtw8040dw0. Im getting the LF error code, so im looking into filling issues. I checked the lines and they have good pressure. I cleaned the screens out and there didn't appear to be any issues. When i put the cycle on hot or cold it sounds as if the valve is opening and I can hear kind of buzzing noise as well. I am not sure its the valve assembly because it sounds like water is changing, but almost as if its hit a dead end. After a few seconds there are multiple clicks that start occurring. I do live on well water, so just wondering if its possible that maybe some sediment hardened in a line behind the valve assembly and it wont let water pass?

Old 09-23-19, 03:54 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
our washer has a tech sheet (more like a book) taped to the front inside. Not easy to get to. Have to lift top to get it. 2 screws in hinge in back (leave hinges on) slide top back a little. lift top, To far and will hang up on clips. Left front you will find sheet. Been several years but I think bottom right side of page 4 was the test procedure. do a test cycle first.

Old 09-23-19, 06:26 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I opened the top and found that there was a reservoir underneath that was not filling up with water. I ordered a new valve assembly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: