Dishwasher question (moldy/mildew smell)

Old 10-14-19, 03:38 PM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dishwasher question (moldy/mildew smell)

I have a Miele G2470 SCVI dishwasher. I noticed there was a mildewy/moldy smell. On the floor of my dishwasher, but unlatched the triple filter system. The filter had all kinds of crap and black stuff in it. I cleaned this out with soap and warm water and used a brush to get all debris out. I then ran the dishwasher, which was completely empty, with a cup of vinegar and a dishwasher tablet of soap. This seemed to kill the smell.

However, the moldy/mildew smell slightly returned and has been getting stronger. It's now at the point I can smell it very strongly when I open the dishwasher. I always rinse off my dishes before putting it in the dishwasher, so there should be no food debris resting on anything inside the dishwasher.

Today, I unlatched the triple filter system. There is no black crap or food particles in it. It's still clear. However, inside where the triple filter rests, the drain pump/valve area is filled with water. Is this normal? Is water supposed to be sitting there?

I cannot see this water unless I remove the triple filter system cover. this is beneath the floor of the dishwasher. I've read that there could be a blockage in the valve, which doesn't allow the water to drain properly, but I'm still confused if it's normal for water to be sitting there.

I also checked the non-return valve and drain pump, but it doesn't seem like there's any blockages.

If it is normal for the water to be sitting there, then what would be the cause for the moldy/mildew smell?

Thank you.

Old 10-14-19, 05:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,318 Likes on 2,981 Posts
I use and recommend Affresh for dishwashers. It's a good cleaner and freshener.
I use it once a month or so in my dishwasher.

You need to make sure your drain line is routed properly. It's very important that it go all the way up to just under the bottom of the countertop before coming down to the drain or disposer. You may need to take that drain line off, fully clean it and reinstall it up high if it wasn't.

Name:  DDW.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  15.7 KB

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: