mfu17f3gw8 freezer not freezing again

Old 11-29-19, 05:49 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
mfu17f3gw8 freezer not freezing again

First time posting.

So, I have a Frigidaire upright freezer that I replaced the compressor relay on months ago and it stopped again. I turned the thermostat (inside back of freezer) to off and it turned off; turned it back on and it turned on.
Checked the defrost timer with a screwdriver and heard it turn off; turned a bit more and it turned back on.
I pulled the relay to look at it and it looks Ok although the bottom area was hot where it connects to the compressor. The first time I replaced the relay I could see it was melted by the plastic inside. This time, I plan to replace the relay again, but what keeps causing that (if the relay is burnt out again)? I also replaced the wiring going to the relay.

Any help is appreciated and thank you.

Old 11-30-19, 04:19 AM
M
Received 294 Upvotes on 264 Posts
" I turned the thermostat (inside back of freezer) to off and it turned off; turned it back on and it turned on."

Not sure I understand the above.
So the unit was not cooling but it was running and turning the thermostat shut it off and then started it again.
Correct?
And by running do you mean that the compressor was running or that just the fan was running?

When you replaced the relay did you clean the pins on the compressor because dirty pins can create heat.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: