Breville convection oven

Old 04-24-16, 09:20 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Breville convection oven

I have a Breville small countertop convection oven.BOV800. After a couple years of roasting the inside is filthy and is affecting the taste of food cooked in it. All the components are fixed
and its small so it is hard to get a scraper in there. The grease is also making the fan less efficient. These are popular ovens so I thought someone here had figured out how to clean the inside??I can burn off the removable surfaces in the woodstove.

Old 04-24-16, 09:47 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
The idea with a unit like that is to clean as you go. As the food spatters on the inside wipe it off before it becomes baked on. That's basically the same principle for any oven of that type. There really is no easy way to clean it now that the grease has become caked on. I would have maybe recommended oven cleaner but the cleaning instructions clearly state to not use any chemicals.

From the owners manual.....
Cleaning the interior
The walls on the inside of the oven feature a non-stick coating for easy cleaning. To clean any spattering that may occur while cooking, wipe the walls with a soft, damp sponge. A nonabrasive liquid cleanser or mild spray solution may be used to avoid build-up of stains. Apply the cleanser to the sponge, not the oven surface, before cleaning. Avoid touching the quartz heating elements with the cleanser.

USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN CLEANING THE QUARTZ HEATING ELEMENTS. ALLOW THE
OVEN TO COOL COMPLETELY, THEN GENTLY RUB A SOFT, DAMP SPONGE OR CLOTH ALONG
THE LENGTH OF THE HEATING ELEMENT. DO NOT USE ANY TYPE OF CLEANSER OR CLEANING
AGENT. LET ALL SURFACES DRY THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO INSERTING THE POWER PLUG INTO A WALL OUTLET AND TURNING THE OVEN ON.

Old 04-24-16, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
I agree......we had a similar oven and it took a fair amount of time after each use to clean it.

Even though it says not to you if available in your area, low odor Easy Off oven cleaner in the blue can should not etch the glass heating tubes.
That cleaner is mild enough to clean soap scum off an acrylic whirlpool tub/shower unit.
If you put the metal pieces in a wood stove all you will get yourself is some clean twisted metal.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: