How to remove this type of blender blade ?

Old 10-09-18, 09:51 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question How to remove this type of blender blade ?

Hi
Do you know how is it possible to remove this Moulinex blender blade in the images ? I want to use a basic and simple instrument i can find everywhere and not a specific tool made especially for this kind of blades.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-18, 12:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Pair of channel lock pliers with a rag in teeth so not to damage plastic part. Hold blades with a gloved hand.

Old 10-09-18, 04:20 PM
K
Thank you for your reply
By saying a pair of pliers do you mean two instruments or just one ? So all i have to do is to block the blades and make the plastic part rotate using pliers ?

Old 10-09-18, 04:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,118 Votes on 1,038 Posts
I agree with a gloved hand or towel on the blade part but it looks like there is a nut on the inside that can be removed. It's probably going to be a metric size.

Name:  blade.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  17.1 KB

Old 10-09-18, 04:48 PM
K
PJmax
I can't remove the nut using a wrench because the plastic part where the nut is placed is very tight.

Old 10-09-18, 04:54 PM
Group Moderator
You may need a thinwall socket or a 12 point socket to fit in there.

Many devices require specialized tools and there may not be a way to circumvent that.

Old 10-09-18, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
I'm not so sure it's even designed to be removed. If so, wouldn't they have made it like most blenders where the blade and shaft assy are a separate no tool required replaceable assy?

Old 11-11-18, 06:50 AM
K
I did what Pugsl said in the first answer, i tried to turn the blade using a pair of channelLock pliers from bottom and fixing the blades with gloved hand from inside, it was hard but the plastic part turned many turns but it was still attached and fixed. I think these blades are fixed by the white teeth that are visible in the following image, i think i have to use a tool that have four pins that will hang on between the four white teeth. There is a small transparent disc that is attached with the teeth that plays the role of linking the below and top part of the blades.

This is a french creation and it is the most expensive within our market with Bosh, i don't know if they conceived it to be repairable or to be thrown.

Old 11-11-18, 12:04 PM
Group Moderator
That looks like a spring loaded hub that would engage when the container is placed down on the base.

Have you checked to see if a replacement part is even available for that blender ?
I don't have that model number but most show replacing the entire glass canister as a unit.