Over range microwave mounting

Old 02-17-19, 03:17 PM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Over range microwave mounting

I'm installing an over the range microwave (Frigidaire) and wondering how to do the paper templates. Hopefully someone can give me some pointers.

I have the back wall template in place. Pretty easy, no big deal.

The upper template, according to instructions, needs to be cut to fit flush up on the underside of the cabinet (there is a small trim piece going all the way around the underside where the top of the microwave will sit).

It's the cutting the template that gets me. It seems that I CAN cut the sides and the front of the template, but the back (wall) side of the template should NOT be cut because that will affect where the holes are. Any pointers on this?

I was also thinking that I could sit the microwave on the wall plate, go ahead and screw the bolts in about halfway on top, put some caulk on them, and then push the microwave up to touch the underside of the cabinet and drill the holes where the caulk touches.

I hope this makes sense, please let me know if you need pics. Many thanks!

Robert Townley voted this post useful.
Old 02-17-19, 05:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
I just fold it if I can't cut to fit The 2 bolt holes usually big enough to be a little off, Make sure you make cord hole large enough to fit plug through.

Old 02-17-19, 06:28 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
The last time I installed an undercabinet microwave.... the template had a fold point at the wall.
It's the wall or backside that is critical.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: