Hoover Windtunnel roller brush won't spin under resistance

Old 09-23-19, 05:25 PM
U
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Hoover Windtunnel roller brush won't spin under resistance

Hello-

I have a Hoover Wintunnel vacuum that is admittedly 15 years old or so but I'm not ready to give it up yet : )

I just replaced the belt that goes around the spinning roller at the head of the vacuum, and the brush spins. However, when under anything except light resistance, the roller brush stops spinning.

What can I do to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks!

Old 09-23-19, 05:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
The model number is helpful to look at the motor details.

I think on that older unit the belt went around the brush and around one end of the motor shaft.
With age and use the motor shaft gets worn shiny and the belt slips.

Does it look like the motor shaft is smooth ?
You could try roughing it up with some emery paper.

Old 09-23-19, 08:37 PM
U
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
PJmax-

You're a Jack of all trades! Weren't you helping me on another forum with the refrigerator in my RV maybe several months back?

Rookie mistake about not including the model number. Here it is: u6485-900.

Yes, I don't have the vacuum open right now, but if I remember correctly there is a silver shaft you have to stretch the belt over once it is around the roller. Does that model number change your advice? Or should I just rough up that shaft?

P.S. The refrigerator you helped me with was giving me to many problems so I had to get rid of it. It was in my motorhome. We had to cut it into pieces using a sawsall and a grinder, being careful not to hit the freon loops, in order to get it out the door. The RV was built around the refrigerator apparently.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: