Fuse to toggle switch adapter ?

Old 05-21-16, 10:54 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fuse to toggle switch adapter ?

Hi, in my vehicle I have an aftermarket radio that has no true power off button. Quite frequently the Bluetooth module screws up and the radio power must cycle to get it working again, so I'm stuck with turning the vehicle off and on again or reseating the fuse.

Is there a 10AMP fuse 'insert' > to toggle switch, that I can use to turn it off and on again, instead of manually removing the accessory fuse (versus turning off the car)? If there is no such thing, how can I make one?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-16, 11:07 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! What brand radio and model do you have. You will have an always hot wire that runs the clock and preset features. You will have a switched hot that turns the radio on. It may be that those wires are crossed up somehow. We'll be in a better position once we know the radio brand and model.

Old 05-21-16, 11:18 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,193 Votes on 1,104 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It may appear that your stereo doesn't have a power button but they all do. It usually requires holding a certain button for a few seconds. Sometimes it's the [MENU] button.

Your stereo will have two power wires.... yellow for always live and red for key power. You could easily add a switch in the red wire.

You could make an adapter like you're describing but there isn't one available off the shelf.

Post the make of your stereo..... model number too if it's on the front.

Old 05-21-16, 12:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 223 Votes on 196 Posts
All you would need to add is a toggle switch on the power wire going to the stereo. That will allow you to disconnect it at any time. Find the power in wire (+) and splice in a switch.

Old 05-21-16, 01:48 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you all for the super fast response. Through the manual, many trials and calling on customer support, the "off" button does not turn the unit off and I was told by design. All it does is to power off/on the radio functions and shows the clock (pretty dumb right..).

Here's what I have:

Pioneer DEH-X6700BT (2014 Model)
Pioneer DEH-X6700BT (2014 Model) CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

I was hoping I wouldn't have to take the radio out and could just wire the accessory fuse to a toggle switch somehow, so I wouldn't have to manually remove it.

Thanks so much-

Old 05-21-16, 03:18 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,193 Votes on 1,104 Posts
Have you tried holding the SRC (source) button in for 5 seconds ?
There used to be a way to set those units so when the SRC was held for 5 seconds the unit did shut off completely.... even the clock.

Do you have standard ATC or mini ATC fuses ?

Name:  mini atc10.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  15.7 KB