Question about running new circuits in a home.

Old 01-04-17, 12:16 PM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about running new circuits in a home.

I have an older home, 1920s and we are in the process of laying out our plans for the remodel we want to start this year. I need to run circuits upstairs because the 100amp exsisting panel only has 2 circuits upstairs. One for the 3 bedrooms lights & walls and 1 for the bathroom.

Whats the best way to handle running these new circuits?

I'm going from the new 200amp panel I installed in the basement up through the main floor and in to the second floor. What they did when they installed hvac was to do a trunk up through the dining room and just framed it in to the corner.

Would the same strategy work for electric? Could I / Should I run a conduit up from the basement and run the electrical through that? I'd like to run at least 2 more circuits up stairs. For sure one 20a which all of them now are just 10 and 15.

Thanks

Old 01-04-17, 12:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 158 Likes on 139 Posts
The same strategy would work. You may also be able to run cables near a plumbing vent or drain line to run the new cables.

Old 01-04-17, 12:36 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Can you use the existing trunk that was run for the air conditioning? Is there room. You could use cable instead of conduit if that would be easier.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: