Demand load of house- biker7w

Old 05-04-17, 01:30 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Demand load of house- biker7w

I would like to know the the demand load of my house hold. Floor space is 950 sf upstairs and 900 down stairs. Each floor has electric stove and oven, washer and dryer, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, lighting and plugs. Forced air heating is common to both floors. Is my existing 100 amp panel capable of handling this load?

Old 05-04-17, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
I'm no expert, but it all depends on what appliances are in use at any one time. If you are drying a load of clothes, cooking a turkey, using the stovetop and microwave, running a load of dishes and laundry, all simultaneously, then no it's probably not adequate. If you were doing all those things on both floors, you'd be in the dark immediately.

All of these items are run off one panel for both floors? No subpanels? Sounds like some bad work was done in the past.

Old 05-04-17, 04:33 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
I think you answered your own question as you would be the first to know if it was not handling the load. If you are mindful of your panels limitations you can live happily and safely. All it takes is spreading out your usage so you don't pull more than 100 amps at the same time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: