In ProcessAdSlots.php line 39: Trying to access array offset on value of type null

Towel warmer on timer - bypass “On” button?

Old 01-02-18, 11:10 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Towel warmer on timer - bypass “On” button?

Hello:
As a gift I received a nice Haven bath towel warmer from bed bath and beyond.

I would like to hook up a timer so at 7:10 each morning the warmer comes on and I have a hot towel at 7:30.

The problem is when the timer turns on, the ‘On’ button on the towel warmer MUST ALSO be pressed to start the warming process.

Is there a trick or something I can do to get around the manual step of turn the warmer “On”?

thanks in advance
kp

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-18, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't own one, and information online is fairly lacking because it hasn't been out for that long. But I don't think you're going to have an easy time of this.

Try seeing what happens when you hold down the button while plugging in the warmer. If it comes on as desired, that means all you'd have to do is jumper the button on the PCB somehow and your AC timer would work. Or instead of internal jumpering, you could build a small contraption that keeps the button physically pressed down.

If the warmer doesn't behave that way, your only other option would be to leave the warmer plugged in at all times and kludge together a low voltage timer that "presses" the button. If delicate soldering isn't your idea of fun, you might not want to go that route.

Old 01-03-18, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
And any tampering you do to it internally or externally is probably asking for trouble. If something were to happen and it started a fire, you'll have some 'splaining to do. Some of these things are the most well made and can fail under normal operation...but at least you're there and awake to deal with it. The only towel warmers I've felt comfortable with are hot water or steam. Electric appliance on the floor of my bath? Ehhhhh...

It says it can warm one towel in 10 minutes. So hit the button, go get your coffee or do your morning business, shower and it should be ready.

Old 01-03-18, 05:29 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 638 Votes on 588 Posts
Not turning on when power applied is a common safety feature of heating devices like towel warmers and heating pads. It's a safety feature designed into the controls and you will not be able to change it without totally Frankensteining it and build your own controls.

The easiest fix is to simply turn it on and leave it on. It's inside your home so the heat it generates will help heat your house so the energy is not wasted.