Installing Panel On Stucco

Old 05-17-18, 11:21 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing Panel On Stucco

Moved from: https://www.doityourself.com/forum/e...cal-panel.html

Hi Skeeter,
I also have an existing FPE 100A CSED that I am wanting to upgrade to 200A. My panel looks just like yours.
The replacement panel I am considering is a Square D CSDE that also looks like the one in your picture.

What I am wondering is, how was the underground utility connection made to the new box? The knockouts in the bottom of the new box is located in what would be in plane with the stucco below the CSDE. In my case, the underground conduit is totally inclosed in the 2x4 stud wall. How was that connection made in your case? Would you be able to attach a photo of the completed job?

I've added a photo of my panel. I would appreciate knowing how you have solved this issue.
Cheers

Attached Images  

Last edited by ray2047; 05-17-18 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Enlarge image
Old 05-17-18, 06:12 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,331 Votes on 1,230 Posts
You've got a problem. Your service was installed on the house sheathing and then the stucco was added over it. When I have to do one of these service changes I call a stucco company. Sometimes the homeowner has their own company.

You either have to cut a notch in the stucco from the ground up to the panel or you need to move everything out to on top of the stucco. It is not an easy or inexpensive job.

It also looks like a downspout or A/C raceway will be presenting problems.

Old 05-18-18, 02:07 PM
I
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 44 Votes on 42 Posts
You also might have a bit of issue with the height of the existing hole in the stucco as the new panel may need to come down a bit. If I read that grainy image right you're at 72" to the center of the meter. Code requires that the highest breaker handle be no more than 79" (2 meters). Depending on the design of the new panel it might be close or over that limit.

Your power company will also have a standard height or range to the center of the meter socket. Six feet might be OK in your area, but my area is 5 feet. Make sure to check on that before mounting the new panel.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: