How to illuminate a 20 ft flagpole

Old 05-21-18, 04:00 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Question How to illuminate a 20 ft flagpole

I recently installed a 20 ft. telescopic flagpole in Florida and would like to know what type of lighting is recommended for this application. Is a low voltage flood light appropriate? If so, what are the recommended ratings? If not, what should I use???

Old 05-21-18, 05:00 PM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
The range of lights to illuminate a flag can range from a simple battery powered LED light with a solar panel to recharge that battery to a high voltage HID flood light. It all really depends how much work you want to do, what your budget is, and how brightly you want it lit up.

This might be helpful: http://www.kichler.com/professional/...umination.aspx

Low voltage LED landscape lighting is another good option, but you will still need a source of 120 volt to power the transformer and be able to get a cable over to the pole.

Also consider the location where you place the light. If it is on the ground will it be a pain to mow around? If it is on the pole can you access it to repair if anything were to fail? The is where LED's would be my first choice.

Old 05-22-18, 04:38 AM
Received 161 Upvotes on 147 Posts
Hi, I lite mine with a fixture similar to this ,mounted the fixture about 8’ from the base ,put it on a photo cell and enjoy, it’s a little more work but great results.

HBLED13B/D10 - RAB Lighting
Geo

Old 05-22-18, 05:09 AM
C
Received 350 Upvotes on 293 Posts
I use a low voltage LED spot placed a couple of feet from the flagpole base. I think it was less than 50 dollars at a big box store. I tied the light into a low voltage circuit used to illuminate a walkway.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: