Sub panel location and wire run

Old 07-02-18, 09:15 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sub panel location and wire run

I am installing an in ground pool and want to mount pool control sub panel to my attached deck and run wire under deck through foundation and end at main panel. The sub panel is 100 amp and made for outside. Would this be acceptable to inspector, live in Virginia, Hanover county?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-18, 12:03 PM
I
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 43 Votes on 41 Posts
As long as the distances are satisfied and you use code-compliant wiring method it would be OK. The panel needs to be more than 10' from the rim of the pool, and the wiring method must include insulated copper ground. There are tons of other codes related to a pool installation but these are the basics for panel placement and feed. The panel needs to be within line of sight of the equipment it controls or a panel lock will need to be added.

Where is the pump, lighting and other electrical equipment relative to the pool and to the panel?

Which code year does your county follow? A national code is released every 3 years, but individual states or local governments adopt them at different times.

Old 07-02-18, 12:11 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pump, filter, heater all 15 from water edge, panel would be attached to deck above and to the side of equipment. Your answer sounds like all of that would be ok, was just concerned about not being able to mount panel to deck

Old 07-02-18, 01:03 PM
P
Received 100 Votes on 80 Posts
Since you are required to get a permit you should get your answers from the Hanover Building Inspector's office.
https://www.hanovercounty.gov/211/Bu...pectors-Office