how to troubleshoot elliptical trainer

Old 08-13-18, 01:12 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
how to troubleshoot elliptical trainer

Please advise if I'm in the wrong forum. Thanks.

I have a LifeFitness 9500HR that was in daily use from 2002 to 2016, during which time I replaced the battery once or twice (6V 2.5AH AGM Monobloc D Cell Battery). Then I stopped using it for 2 years. I started using it again a couple weeks ago and the battery would not charge. By this I mean the display panel of the elliptical would turn on for about one second when you began pedaling, but then quickly shut off. Normally when this happens you just pedal for a half hour or so to charge the battery and the battery would be fine at the next usage. But this time it kept shutting off in one second every day. So I got a new battery, but it's having the exact same symptom, one second of lighted panel then shutting off.

I have taken the machine apart and inspected the control panel circuitry for any obvious signs of problems like a bad cap, and also the alternator, but everything looks good as new. The elliptical is always indoors, 72F, low humidity. Am looking for any tips. The battery shows 6.1V on my multimeter. Thanks.

Old 08-13-18, 01:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
If the battery voltage is 6.1v after running a half hour then either the charging circuit has a problem or that battery has a problem. The voltage should rise to nearly 6.8- 7v when charging.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: