Looking for Gould Load Center Filler Suggestions

Old 11-15-18, 06:15 AM
T
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Looking for Gould Load Center Filler Suggestions (Solved)

I need to fill two empty or exposed slots in my load center or breaker box panel. There aren't actually empty electrical slots in my load center, but there are two holes through which a breaker would go.

The box is a Gould, which I understand was bought and sold a couple of times and has now been merged into Siemens. The empty slots are 2.25" wide and an inch tall. Neither of the box stores have a filler plate that would fit and my hardware store choices are very limited. I'm sure I could probably find something online and if nothing else, if anyone could point toward one or a model they know will fit, it would be appreciated, but I'm also kind of hoping to find a solution that might satisfy a home inspector (not a building inspector, but a home), who is coming today. It didn't occur to me that between the two major chains, I wouldn't find one I could just pick up, let alone not even finding one to order in their catalog.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by TryAgain; 11-15-18 at 07:41 AM. Reason: marked as solved
Old 11-15-18, 06:23 AM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
Did you buy and try one of the other brand blanks or just look at them?
I'd just use some foil tape to cover the hole for now.

Old 11-15-18, 07:37 AM
T
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but just after posting, I called an electrical supply house the next town over, who referred me to one in the next town to them. They had a generic one the the right length, so it took me like an hour to roundtrip it, but I found something that worked.

I guess the moral of the story is to not give up when there's nothing at the box stores. Instead, look around for a specialty retailer. The blanks I purchased not only fit, but were cheaper than those at the chain stores because I could buy exactly how many I needed, plus I helped a small business.

Old 11-15-18, 01:09 PM
I
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes: 0
Received 45 Upvotes on 43 Posts
I believe most anything that fits the Siemens Q-series panels will also be OK for residential ITE/Gould panels. The breakers are also listed for use. The commercial stuff is all different, but the resi lines are OK.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: