Switch removed from breaker box.

Old 05-08-19, 06:54 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Switch removed from breaker box.

Not really a DIY question, but recently my parents decided that they wanted a new connection to somewhere in the house that didn't have a power line, so a supposed electrician came, and put a new one, to do so he removed the breaker that I believe is the one that cuts power only to wall sockets, and just ran cables from there. I know that the breaker worked, because sometimes two space heaters would be running, and so the power would cut. My question is that is it safe? Should I call tell my parents to call an actual electrician? Or am I worrying too much?

Last edited by claudiomaxter23; 05-08-19 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Didn't understand what a breaker was.
Old 05-08-19, 07:06 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Very confusing post. What did you mean by
and just ran cables from there
Are you saying he disconnected a line from a breaker and did not reconnect it but instead used it for the new line.?

Last edited by ray2047; 05-08-19 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-08-19, 07:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 194 Upvotes on 170 Posts
Do you mean.a.toggle switch like to turn on lights? What was the load that was being added or did they just need a new receptacle where there was not one?

Old 05-08-19, 07:16 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sorry, didn't get that the breaker has an on and off position. What I'm saying is that said breaker, or the part that allows you to change the position, was removed, and from here a new line was added, going trough the outside, I'll post a picture as soon as I'm able to, thanks.

Old 05-08-19, 08:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Chile.

Unfortunately this is a North American based site so our electrical wiring and terminology is going to be different from yours. You can post a picture of what you have there and we'll try to help you. If not..... you may need to check closer to home for help.

How-to-insert-pictures.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: