Siemens G2020MB1100 electrical panel

Old 10-07-19, 10:00 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Siemens G2020MB1100 electrical panel

I have a house built in 1963. There are some branch circuits in the house that still have 2-wire outlets.
Is my Siemens G2020MB1100 main electrical panel (installed about 25 years old) compatible with the new Siemens AFCI/GFCI branch breakers?
I'm considering adding these breakers to my panel if it will enable me to retrofit my 2-wire outlets with 3-wire receptacles per the National Electrical Code. I understand that the outlets affected must bear the labels "AFCI/GFCI protected" and "ungrounded receptacle".
The main reason is convenience of plugging in 3-prong devices more so than safety since I don't do anything to try and defeat the limits of my outlets.

Last edited by RobJoy; 10-07-19 at 10:12 AM. Reason: add content.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-19, 10:42 AM
J
Received 251 Votes on 221 Posts
You don't need GFCI breakers. You can install GFCI receptacles.
You should also confirm there are no ground wires. At that time ground wires might be present but not attached to the receptacles. Sometimes they wrapped it around the cable jacket and put it under the box clamp. If that is true you can work it out and attach to the receptacle. Also check the panel end. It might be easier to see if grounds are present at the panel.

Name:  4088d1303914272t-boston-back-wrap-joetedescobackwrap.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  51.5 KB