Should I get this spot welder?

Old 11-08-19, 02:25 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Should I get this spot welder?

Hi, I have some battery pack projects which I'm working on, initially I was looking for a solderless solution, but with time I'm realizing that I'll need to pay a fair price for holders as well, and I thought maybe I should just get a spot welder?

My budget is rather low, and very limited to aliexpress/ebay only.
I've seen the following product:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3304...chweb201603_55

It doesn't seem like such a good spot welder, but according to the reviews it should solder up to 0.1mm just fine, which is pretty much what I need. What do you think? Should I go for it? Or it's too cheap to worth anything?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-19, 04:15 PM
Received 377 Votes on 352 Posts
It doesn't seem like such a good spot welder
you answered your own question, nobody is going to try and talk you out of it!

Old 11-08-19, 04:25 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Well....Not really, According to what I've seen spot welders are usually much much more expensive than that.
But then again, that really depends a lot on what the spot welder requires to do, possibly, and I don't know if the answer is yes or no, which is exactly why I'm asking here, that this cheap spot welder would be enough for what I'm trying to do. Please take into consideration the thought that if I won't use this spot welder, my other option would probably be getting something like this:

And then simply solder the wires to the pins which goes to the battery, I don't think it's such a bad idea either, but maybe even this cheap spot welder would make it a bit better than this?

Old 11-09-19, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 37 Votes on 35 Posts
I have purchased several inexpensive things from offshore suppliers and my success rate is pretty good.
You do need to prepare for the worst however but since the price of that welder is many times less that a mainstream one it could be a worthwhile gamble.

One of the reviews noted an issue but he/she was able to correct the problem and go on to use the device.