Jet Table Saw Alignment

Old 01-31-16, 05:53 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Jet Table Saw Alignment

I have a Jet JTS-10 10" table saw that is abut 25 years old. It is in good working order, but the blade is not aligned with the miter slot. I loosened the trunion bolts to align the blade. I can move the front trunion all the way to the right, the rear trunion all the way to the left, but this still does give the rotation needed to align the blade to the mitre slot. Yes, this has been done with the motor weight on the trunions. After many attempts I did get it to align once, but when I rotated the blade to 45 degrees and back to vertical it was out of alignment. Any idea of what may be going on?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-16, 04:10 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
What is a miter slot? Is the blade aligned with the fence? It seems what you are adjusting is "bevel" rather than "miter", is that correct?

Old 02-02-16, 03:23 AM
F
Received 35 Votes on 27 Posts
What is a miter slot?
The slot in the table where the miter gauge slides?

I can move the front trunion all the way to the right, the rear trunion all the way to the left, but this still does give the rotation needed to align the blade to the mitre slot.
Have you checked to see if there is a blockage from old, oily sawdust or wood chips blocking the adjustment?

...but when I rotated the blade to 45 degrees and back to vertical it was out of alignment.
Do you mean when you tilted the blade? Again, are you certain that there is no foreign material blocking the adjustments?

Old 02-02-16, 03:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
I think you are talking about blade tilt. Which way is it not in alignment, not straight up or in the slot at a angle? I always use a tilt gauge on my saw as I don't trust the gauge on saw.
Robot Check