Pressure Washer will not pump detergent

Old 04-11-17, 03:45 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pressure Washer will not pump detergent

I have a Troy Bilt Model 020240 2500 PSI pressure washer that will not pump the detergent cleaner. I am using the correct nozzle but it isn't working. From what I can see online, the defective part is a chemical injector. Looking around the internet, I found this part on Amazon which says it supports this model.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However, when I got it, it is clearly a different size. The part that screws in to the unit is totally a different size. See the attached photos. I cannot find anything online that looks like the part I have.

Any suggestions on this?

Attached Images    
Old 04-11-17, 04:13 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 405 Votes on 361 Posts
Not the advice you asked for but I never use the chemical injector. I always apply the cleaning agent using a pump up garden sprayer. That both gives you better control of the cleaner being applied and no danger of the chemicals causing any harm to the pump.

Hopefully one of the others will have the answer you seek.

Old 04-11-17, 05:13 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 900 Votes on 829 Posts
I also do not use the chemical injection feature. I use a pump up garden sprayer. I find that the chemicals, soap or whatever work better if I apply them first before the surface gets soaked in water. It also allows you to let the cleaner sit on the surface a while before using the pressure washer to rinse it off.

Old 04-25-17, 08:03 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The pressure washer I have will only suck up the soap or solution when using a low pressure nozzle. Hope this helps.

Old 04-25-17, 11:10 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,522 Votes on 1,405 Posts
Like shathaway mentioned and he is correct. That pressure washer uses low side injection.

That means that you must use the supplied soap nozzle. The pressure washer doesn't pump the soap solution..... it gets siphoned up from the solution, THRU THE PUMP, and then out the high pressure hose.

From your manual....
Name:  pw.JPG
Views: 2617
Size:  29.6 KB

I have several wands set up for my pressure washer. One uses an adjustable nozzle like in the link below. This nozzle is adjustable from 0-40 but the best part is.... when you pull on the nozzle... it slides forward to low pressure and dispenses the soap. Just slide it back and it goes right back to pressure washing with no soap. Fantastic for cleaning.

Pressure Washer Variable Spray Nozzles| Northern Tool + Equipment

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: