DeWalt708 miter saw guard

Old 07-25-17, 06:42 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
DeWalt708 miter saw guard

The guard on my miter saw will not retract on the down stroke of the blade. I can push it back but it falls down. Is the P/N N034013 Torsion Spring what is needed to fix this?
Thanks.

Old 07-26-17, 02:45 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I don't know but the first thing to do is make sure everything is clean. Sawdust can gum up the works.

Old 07-26-17, 06:28 AM
A
Received 73 Upvotes on 66 Posts
I am not in the tool repair business, nor do I recall working on a Dewalt miter saw, but, being a general purpose tinkerer in my spare time, I have had several friends and neighbors come by with different brand miter saws with that exact problem. As I recall, only a couple of them actually had broken parts, although there were two anyway that had somehow lost a couple of the parts so had to order them. Most of them were because they mistakenly thought that the guard had to come off to replace the blade, and then were unable to get them back together correctly. Not that it's complicated, and I'm sure anyone can do it once they take a moment to see how it's supposed to work. Seems like I generally have used a small piece of wire in some manner or another to guide the spring into place while everything is tightened back up. Anyway, the first things is, as Mark said, is to make sure it is clean. Treated lumber is particularly bad about clinging where you don't want it because it's typically moist. After that, I wouldn't assume that you need to replace anything without looking it over good, because it could be that the spring came unhooked somehow, or something like that, which could be due to a bent tang where the spring attaches, or whatever.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: