Cordless tool battery Refurbish/ Recycle? Sources

Old 10-28-17, 07:24 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Cordless tool battery Refurbish/ Recycle? Sources

I know a lot of eBay amazon and other folks sell you the Complete battery replacement for our cordless tools etc. I have yet to find one that give you a discount on recycling the housing container. Does it not make sense, if they don't have to replace the case that it would save everyone a bit of change? I once saw years ago a refurbish place that did it. But not recently. Any one know of any?
I am figuring those in the business must buy the cases in bulk!
PSI saw the post on zapping them, that reminded me of this question.
thanks

Old 10-28-17, 10:02 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Are you asking if anyone recycles or "buys" the cases ?

There are a few places left that will rebuild "your" battery pack but when shipping is figured.... it costs as much as a new one. Places like the Depot have barrels where you can drop off old batteries. I'd imagine those are sent to a recycler who removes the batteries and crushes all the plastic cases.

Old 10-28-17, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
There's still some pretty big rebuilders of batteries. Esp nice for older tools where the batteries have been discontinued and all the ones on EBAY are NOS so probably won't last long in use.

I'm going to send a couple for my old Rigid 9.6v stick drill/driver that I really liked after the first of the year. Brand new cells shipped, repaired (with upgraded cells), and returned for right at $50. Thats for 2 batteries with a warranty. 1 battery is selling for that much elsewhere.

I'd do it myself (and may still) if I can find a cheap source for tabbed batteries.

Old 10-28-17, 12:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Check out this company.....
Batteries, Chargers, Battery Packs Supplier | Dantona Industries

I had an account with them and was actually able to talk to the owner. They've pretty much went big time in the last couple of years. Haven't bought from them in several years so I don't know how they sell or to whom they'll sell to.

Old 10-29-17, 06:06 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Check Spring Grove Battery. I've got NiCads and bought replacements from them. The cells are welded together and ready to install. Just open the case, remove the old pack, install the new pack. Their prices are about 1/2 the cost of a new battery.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: