A good inexpensive, water only, shop vac?

Old 01-23-18, 09:14 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A good inexpensive, water only, shop vac?

I need a vacuum that I'm only going to use for water. I don't want to spend a lot of money because I could just keep using my mop but if a 20 or 30$ vac would work well and last long enough it would be worth it.
I found some inexpensive shop vacs, but all the reviews I've found talk about how well it works on dry stuff and the only thing they say about using it for wet vacuuming is that it is bad or ruins the vac because the person who wrote the review uses it primarily for dry vacuuming.

Has anyone here had a vacuum that you only used for water? Are there any good ones?

Old 01-24-18, 02:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
When i was repairing washers I had a shop vacuum only for water.I have found most work well if only used for water. They get messy using them both ways. With water they only fill till the float ball goes up and stops the vacuum. The biggest problem is sometimes after they get wet water will be expelled out the discharge.
As to brands i have tried several and they all seemed to work the same. I carried a samll 2 gallon one from Sears in my truck. About 15 years old and still have it.

Old 01-24-18, 09:20 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Back in the days when my family owned a janitor business we had vacs for scrubbing floors but they were all stainless construction.

A cheap shop vac will operate with dry material, once you use it with wet it's life will diminish fast.

Cheap can be expensive!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: