pressure washer nozzles

Old 08-04-18, 10:38 AM
A
Received 73 Upvotes on 66 Posts
pressure washer nozzles

I have a 20 year old Craftsman pressure washer, model 919.762500, that still runs fine, except that the N03515 nozzle tip is worn. It appears no longer available through Sears, and I have not found anything online yet that replaces it. Has there perhaps been a change in the past 20 years that obsoleted earlier style tips, whether for safety reasons or whatever? Or did I just happen to buy something that was unique at that time? And I guess most importantly, what do I do now? Buy an entire gun, wand, and nozzle?

Old 08-04-18, 10:54 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
The nozzles are pretty generic, 1/4" fitting by various degrees of spray.

I would just confirm the fitting has not changed and then determine what angle is needed.

On eBay and most hardware/lawn stores!

If the fitting is different you can buy the adapter for the end of the wand and get new nozzles!

Old 08-04-18, 11:04 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I'd unscrew the quick disconnect and take it with me to most any store that sells pressure washers and see if what they have matches up. If yours is an odd ball you can probably just change the disconnect.

Old 08-04-18, 12:26 PM
A
Okay, thank you guys. I actually hadn't looked too hard yet, except to find that Sears didn't handle the tip any more and the others I found had the quick connect nipples, which mine does not, but I added 1/4" like you mentioned Marq and now see quite a few options. Other than hot it's too nice of a day to spend any more time on it right now so will take a look and get something ordered this evening. Thank you again.

Old 08-05-18, 03:10 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
So yours has the variable fan tip? I'd suggest removing it, add a disconnect and then buy a set of 3 tips [white, yellow and red]

Old 08-05-18, 04:43 AM
A
No, mine is just a fixed angle tip, about the size of a 1/4" close nipple that threads into the end of the wand. But the various colored ones that you mentioned were all I could find at first, and I'll try to remember to look at them when I'm someplace that sells them, but those all appeared to have quick coupler connections, which mine does not have. I assume that's so that you can readily switch from one pattern to another. Had thought that I would order something last night, but supposed to be hotter and more humid today, so figured I'd wait until I wanted to come in for a break this afternoon. Meanwhile though I also got to thinking that maybe I should think about seeing if I can find an adapter that threads into my wand so that I could use the style you mentioned and have some diversity. Just have to see what I come up with, but don't want to go overboard because the pressure washer is already 20 years old. But of course it's one of those things that has just sat a few years and other years it got used here, there, and a handful of other places. Has always started good, but ran just a little off as long as I can remember so pulled the carburetor off yesterday afternoon to clean it and found one of the original intakes curled just a little bit. Not much, but then it's not that big of an engine either so a little bit extra air probably wasn't helping. So will pick up a couple new gaskets, clean the carb, and who knows, may run for another 20 years, and that point will most likely be in someone else's hands anyway.

Old 08-05-18, 04:50 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
A lot of wands have the same thread/size so you may be able to thread on a quick disconnect. IMO that is the only way to go. The 3 pack of tips include the most commonly used sizes.

Old 08-05-18, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
When you purchase replacement tips you will need to know the pressure and flow capacity of your unit.
This will let you select the correct tip.
You might find that a smaller pressure washer would be in the range of 2000 psi and 1.5 gal/min flow rate but yours could be higher.
Too large a capacity tip would give you a higher volume of water at a lower pressure or too small would give you less volume of water and would continuously bypass water through the unloader valve.

Old 08-07-18, 05:00 PM
A
Well, instead of calling me stupid, just think of this as a public service reminder. And bear in mind that I'm one of those guys who often tells people they are looking too deep, that the root problem might actually be a whole lot simpler than they are thinking, and 95% of the time that seems to be the case. But I'm getting older too and sometimes look past the obvious. Anyway, with the aid of some Lime-Away or whatever it's called and a tip cleaner from the oxygen acetylene box the tip is doing a great job again. And the bonus was that while I was working on it I decided to remove and clean the carburetor because it never did like to idle smoothly and most of the time wanted the choke left on at the first notch. I know that's not right, but as I recall it was always that way. Sure enough, got the carburetor off and found that one of the original gaskets was distorted, not much, could have easily been overlooked, but enough that I'm sure it always sucked a little extra air. So it's back together, starts on the first pull, idles great, choke fully off, lots of power, and doing a great job. Honestly think it's running better now that when it was new. Still glad I asked though because the tip may not last forever and you guys educated me on what I need to do down the road. Thank you.

Old 08-07-18, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
Thanks for the update! 👍...........

Old 08-08-18, 03:06 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
instead of calling me stupid,
Hey we all do stupid stuff, some of us more than others glad you got it going!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: