Best CNC for wood working

Old 11-14-19, 04:39 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Best CNC for wood working

I am considering buying a cnc for some projects that are on going. I need to cut pieces of 1/2 baltic birch plywood and some 3/4” same.
I am building speaker cabinets as an ongoing project. So I can do it the old fashion way using my table saw but that gets old after a while.

I have been looking around and there are a myriad of these devices available now. I looked at the Maslow as a low cost solution but not sure how good it is and if it will last cutting quite a bit of wood.

i also need to cut rabbits in the wood to put it together.

I have also seen numerous more expensive ones and get dizzy at the choices.

My max budget is $2500.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks

Old 11-15-19, 04:39 AM
B
Received 293 Upvotes on 260 Posts
If you are only a DIY building one of a kind, that's a lot of money for a tool that gets dusted off once in a while. If it was me, I would use the table saw to build the cabinets and spend the money on good speakers and amps. Also, unless you are lucky, there will be more scrap due to mistakes using a CNC machine versus a table saw. Also choosing the blades for your table saw should not make you dizzy. Good luck.

Old 11-15-19, 06:10 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
My buddy has a high end remodelling company that has about 20 employees, and they have a cabinets shop with about 4 fulltime guys. They use table saws and order the door and drawer fronts from a custom company in CA.

I also can't imagine spending that kind of money on something you would likely use rarely.

That being said, I don't know the first thing about CNC machines, other than the fact that they are used when mass production is needed for repetitive parts.

Old 11-15-19, 06:43 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Well it is my fault for not being more specific. I am contracted to build about 500 speaker cabinets. So it is quite a big project. It will get very expensive to hire people and get multiple tables saws and the like. It is much easier to find a machine that could do all the cutting and then I can assemble quickly or if need I can hire one other person to help assemble. That is why I was hoping to find some answers to a CNC machine.

Old 11-15-19, 10:19 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
This is a DIY site and we're just not going to be in the business of the kind of volume to have such things. HAAS is one of the leaders in that industry but I don't know if the tooling is shared across brands to make that a difference in how long things last.

Old 11-15-19, 01:14 PM
B
Received 293 Upvotes on 260 Posts
Paying for the CNC machine with this one job of 500 cabinets adds $5 to your costs of each cabinet. Only you can decide if there is profit in making the cabinets.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: