21* vs 30* framing nailers

Old 01-08-20, 08:20 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
21* vs 30* framing nailers

I canít find it in any writing but Iím pretty sure

21* plastic nail strips
30* paper coated nails

Going to be investing in a framing nail gun. Trying to decide between 21* and 30*
im not a framer. Iím a plumber. I occasionally use nail gun for backing. Wondering what nail gun you prefer or nails?

i lean towards 21* or plastic nail strip because every framer has these and I probably would never have to buy any nails

30* more expensive. More rare. But I think thereís a lot more in a strip. Seems stupid to make 2 different nail guns with a 9* difference

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-20, 08:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 666 Votes on 616 Posts
Some areas require full heads. 30 degree are usually clipped heads. Mine is a 30 degree Paslode. I like it because the magazine isn't long, and the sharper angle seems to make it a little easier to manuever.

Never noticed one was more rare or expensive than another.

Old 01-09-20, 02:25 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 316 Votes on 280 Posts
I have a 28į Bostich. It can use both full head and clip head 28į nails. The Bostich brand nails are wire collated with a full offset head. Some of the other brands have the paper collate and clip head. IMO the biggest advantage to the paper collate is if you need 1 or 2 nails and don't wish to use the gun - they are easier to peel off of the strip.

I've never noticed any price differences or availability between the different angles.

Old 01-09-20, 05:02 AM
C
Received 95 Votes on 74 Posts
I had a Bostich F21PL nailer that used full head, plastic collated nails. I never had a problem with it. They are reasonably priced on Amazon.