Safewatch Quickconnect Plus Rename Zones

Old 02-07-16, 01:43 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Safewatch Quickconnect Plus Rename Zones

I have an ADT monitored Ademco Safewatch Quickconnect Plus (ref: Lynx Plus) system in my house and it monitors three wireless magnetic entry sensors, one motion sensor, a fire and a carbon monoxide sensor. The system has been solids for the past four years. I recently had my doors replaced and what used to be an aluminum slider became vinyl and the wooden garage/house entry door is now a fire rated metal door.
After the door changes the garage door sensor wouldn’t work. I noticed that the sliding glass door has a wired sensor for the pick-up with the controller part mounted away from the door on the wall. I assume it was because the aluminum (metal) slider would interfere with the pick-up. So I removed the wire from the slider, and installed it on the garage door sensor, but it wouldn’t work. So I swapped the complete slider sensor and put it on the garage door and the garage door sensor on the slider. Everything works great, but now the zones are labeled wrong. Can I change the zone names, or is it too difficult and should I even bother? I have never programmed one of these before.
My installer wrote the following on my zone descriptions:
Zone 2 = Front Door
Zone 3 = Garage Door
Zone 4 = Family Motion
Zone 5 = Family Slider
Zone 6 = Hall Carbon
Zone 7 = Hall Smoke

Old 02-07-16, 07:50 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
The Lynx plus (and clones) are pretty easy to fix something like that. You just need the installer manual: http://helpdesk.nex-tech.com/files/i...rogramming.pdf

You will need the installer code. To get that websearch using the phrase "ADT installer code" (they fuss if we post it on this forum). They use a couple of fairly standard ones, and it's not too difficult to find.

Read over the manual, and let us know if there's any facet of the process that you need interpretation for...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: