Dealing with SafestreetsUSA for ADT alarm system

Old 07-06-16, 12:13 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Dealing with SafestreetsUSA for ADT alarm system

Hi,

I hope some guys here may help some as I'm not sure how to proceed
I moved to a new house that had ADT alarm system, on our 1st day a salesman from safestreets USA (ADT authorized dealer) came in and wanted us to activate the system, to make it short, we did accept and people came in and activated it, my wife was here but not me, I'm not sure what they did. now we have the voice alarm everytime door/windows is opened.
We decided to cancel after 2 days, we got our money back. but safestreetsUSAsaid they will come and take the equipment, I called them to inquire what they will collect because I was worried they will take all equipment that house has (main unit (keypad), sensors etc..) they said no but just a cellular module that they installed when they activated the system. my wife thinks they just played with settings and put in some codes but did not install anything inside the main unit but she's not sure.
my question is what is the cellular module they are talking about? is it 3gvlp-adt that I can see inside or just the sim card?
Do you think they installed anything or it was there and they are trying to take it anyway? should I tell them not to take anything??
my last question, is how can i keep the alarm like it is set up now (sound when someone opens door/window etc..) without monitoring/service? I read stuff about codes etc but not sure how to do it, not sure if it's doable once they take that cellular module or I have to purchase something, should I wait until they come or I can set up the alarm system now
Let me know if you need any info about model/part # etc..

Thank you all for your help

Old 07-06-16, 01:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

ADT can really play hardball. They will take the communication module (3gvlp-adt) you listed above. That alarm panel could be program locked and will not operate correctly for you without "custom" programming with ADT's help.

Do you see the make and model on the alarm panel/board ?

Old 07-06-16, 03:28 PM
A
so that 3gvlp-adt is the one thing they will take. without it will I be able to get the voice alert or not?
I opened the unit and found many numbers, something that I see a lot is SAL3000..., I looked up online it leads me to Honywell Lynx plus (the picture is exactlt like the one I have)
Any thoughts?

Old 07-06-16, 04:10 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The voice alert each time the door/window was opened was just the "chime" function. It sounds like they gave you little or no user instructions. That feature can be turned on and off with a simple keypad command.

The cellular/3G device is independent of the base system, it's just taking the place of a phone line, if correctly removed, the system will function without it; assuming this franchise isn't the sort to disable the system with the download software (not unheard of from ADT franchises).

It's not difficult to reset a Lynx Plus to simply being a local system.

User manual: http://www.security.honeywell.com/do...lynxPlusUM.pdf
Installer manual: https://helpdesk.nex-tech.com/files/...rogramming.pdf

Old 07-06-16, 04:33 PM
A
Nice
so nothing to worry about then
I can still get the chime function.
now what is the purpose of reprogramming the alarm system? saw people talking about installer code .. is that to be able to use the same equipment with another security company?

Old 07-06-16, 05:16 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If they leave the system functional, the odds are, they will simply remove the communicator, and you will have to change some settings to make the system stop looking for it. Also, the installer code is used to set the master user code, so it's good to know. It's also needed if you have to add, remove, or change one of the transmitters.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: