Question about silent keypad for NX-8 panel ...

Old 08-03-16, 08:51 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question about silent keypad for NX-8 panel ...

Hi everybody:

We have three NX-8 panels installed on our campus. When arming the system in "away" mode, I get the countdown beeps and then the fast beeps and then the long tone.

My question is with regard to the silent keypad option. One keypad needs to be able to sound a chime on entry/exit zones. If I would enable silent keypad mode on this pad, would that disable to chime as well? If it does, is there a way I can eliminate the away arming beeps but still keep the chime enabled?

If an alarm occurs, does silent keypad mode also disable the keypad's sounder for alarm conditions?

I guess the long and short of my question is: do these panels have the ability to do an arm-instant without the exit delay for away mode?

Thanks everyone!

Old 08-04-16, 05:16 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 286 Upvotes on 263 Posts
Silent is silent. If you turn off the sounds for the keypad, _all_ of them are off, including chimes.

Old 08-04-16, 07:54 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I think I figured out how to do it while keeping the keypad's sounder active. I enabled the automatic instant feature in location 23 segment 2 (#7). If I arm regularly, it does the countdown and arms in instant mode. But ... if I arm and hit the stay button, it bypasses the countdown and is in away mode.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: