DSC PC 1500 adding entry delay

Old 08-09-16, 07:01 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DSC PC 1500 adding entry delay

Hi everybody.
Okay. To make it short, my dad kind of screwed up a little the programming of the alarm by cutting the power of the house while the battery of the alarm was disconnected. All I know is that the systems kind of reset itself. The code that was working before stop working after. I manage to reprogram the Master code which was easy and well explained in the instruction manual and now everything works like before exept for this little problems in the next paragraph.

Here is my new problem now: In order to reach the panel (where you enter the 4 digit code to disarmed the alarm), I must open the front door (zone 1) and walk though the hall which is monitored with a motion sensor (zone 2). Opening the front door start the time-delay alarm after 25 seconds, there is a low level sound that comes out from the panel right away after opening the front door (zone 1) and after 25 seconds the alarm start buzzing. That's good but as soon that the motion sensor (zone 2) detect a movement, the alarm goes on immediately.

What I would like is to be able to open the front door (zone 1) and of course, walk through the hall that will activate the motion sensor (zone 2) in order to reach the panel to disarmed the systems. So Zone 1 have a time delay of 25 seconds and that's good, now I need to have a time-delay for Zone 2 also.

I hope I've been clear in explaining myself.

Everything works great to armed the system. I punch the code, walk through (Zone 2 motion sensor) and then open the (front door Zone 1). I have 45 seconds to do that which is perfect and after that, the system is armed.

My systems: DSC PC1500
zone 1: front door with time delay Only
zone 2: First floor Hall - motion sensor Only
zone 3: Basement Hall - motion sensor Only
zone 4: numerous door inside the house.
zone 5: numerous windows and the sliding door on the first floor.
zone 6: numerous windows of the basement.

I'm pretty sure that the installation code is the default code given in the instruction (1500). So any code that I have to enter, you can assume that the installation code is 1-5-0-0.

Thankyou all for your response (maybe especially MrRonFL!!!)
(I saw a previous post similar to mine but it was impossible anymore to post a question)

Last edited by Rene Typer; 08-09-16 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-11-16, 03:04 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
This is one of the old models where a power loss on a weak or failing battery can scramble up the programming, or even default it.

Installer manual: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/DSC/...n%20Manual.pdf

To set your zones to match your configuration (based on your zone descriptions):

*8 [installer code]
00 03 03 03 01 01 # #

Old 08-11-16, 07:22 PM
R
Thank you very much sir.
Unfortunately, it will take about 2 weeks until I go to his house to try that but I'll keep you posted once I tried it.
I did download the installation manual that you talk about but it is not well explained I found in the instruction with the binary/hex code etc...
Indeed the power lost cause some memory lost. Weird because it erase the access code but not the zone 1 delay. In the mean time, I'll try to read a little to find out exactly how you came up with the code sequence to enter that you gave me.

Old 08-12-16, 02:27 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If it defaults, zone 1 is a delay zone in the default configuration. Once you compare the programming list supplied with the chart in the programming work sheet in the manual, the programming syntax will make more sense.

Old 08-30-16, 05:35 PM
R
Hi MrRonFL.

I finaly went to my dad and I tried the code you told me to try and so far, everything seems to work as I wanted. The systems doesn't start when I trigger the motion sensor in the hall in Zone #2. I didn't even tried to understand the logic of what you told but I wrote down the code sequence in case the systems reset itself again.

So a big thank you to you Sir for taking the time to share your knowledge. I apreciate very much.
All the best to you and have a nice day.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: