Ademco 20p cellular question

Old 08-14-16, 04:46 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco 20p cellular question

Per my other post, AT&T installed uVerse and it seems to have screwed up my alarm dial-out. I'm thinking of just having it disconnected and going with a cellular connection.

Here's the issue: My alarm is connected directly to my local police department. They are the monitoring service, and if there is an alarm they are here in 3 minutes. So my question is: Is there a way to install a cellular connection on my Ademco 20p and pay a fee to have that connection made *directly* to my police department, without the delay of an additional monitoring service?

Old 08-14-16, 06:07 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 126 Votes on 117 Posts
Not really. Nearly all cellular communication solutions have to pass through a monitoring service, and are proprietary.

United Security makes a generic dialer but I will warn you that they are pricey: United Security Products Cellular Dialer Wireless Security Systems

You may come out happier with a broad band solution.

Old 08-15-16, 01:08 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Did you call your police department to see if they support any cellular modules?

I agree with MrRonFL that most police departments that accept direct calls from your alarm will only support a phone line setup.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: