Kiddie wired smoke/co alarms going off?

Old 10-08-16, 09:41 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kiddie wired smoke/co alarms going off?

My Kidde smoke alarms have gone off on two recent occasions in the middle of the night with no fire or smoke. they are made by kidde and are combination smoke/Carbon. they are only a year old and have a 10 year battery life. Because its been in the middle of the night, I haven't been able to determine which alarm is the one it is originating from. The alarm lasts a few minutes and stops and I have 2 floors and a basement of alarms going off. The upstairs hall alarm voice is saying "Fire" several times, but there is no fire. The Kidde customer service is closed on Saturday. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited by maggiehome; 10-08-16 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-08-16, 09:53 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

As part of my business I install those detectors. I have had similar problems to yours. For one customer I changed out five one week old units.

Usually it's one unit and it's falsing but is not setting off the others. You can move the units around to locate the one that is falsing.

Old 10-08-16, 09:56 AM
M
Thank you PJmax,
What do you mean by moving the units around? I read in the manual that there is a memory of some sort that will tell you which one is initiating but I can't figure out how to activate the memory? Any thoughts?

Old 10-08-16, 10:00 AM
Group Moderator
Not sure about the memory. That would be model dependent.

I take a unit from the basement and switch it with the bedroom hallway or from the first floor hallway to the second floor hallway.

Since it seems to always false at night.... I try to get the falsing unit near the bedrooms.

Old 10-08-16, 10:08 AM
M
I will try that. Thanks. Is it possible that since only one is using the voice command of "Fire" that may indicate that it would be the one that is falsing?

Old 10-08-16, 01:30 PM
Group Moderator
Yes... absolutely. I would suspect that one first.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: