Convert Old/Existing Home Security System to Self-Monitor System

Old 10-29-16, 11:50 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Convert Old/Existing Home Security System to Self-Monitor System

Purchased home with an existing home security system:
- ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 EN (Fire & Security)
Wireless Receiver: Ademco SA5882 - 3ENM
Processor is a WA3001-7.2 @ Honeywell 2009 Rev 7.2

Unfortunately, I don't have the security code or installer code & am not currently under a subscription/contract with ADT. I am up for reprogramming if it's possible to not have a monthly fee.

What Self-Monitoring Security Systems are options for using the existing wired & wireless sensors/zones?

Old 10-29-16, 09:58 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
"Safewatch 3000" is a slightly modified Vista 20p. You can easily get into programming:

Installer Manual: http://site.aesecurity.com/Manuals/v...stallation.pdf

From the FAQ sticky for this forum (http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...e-posting.html)
Honeywell/Ademco (and its rebranded clones):

"I can't see the zone programming on my keypad..."
Honeywell/Ademco design system generally need a "2-line alphanumeric" keypad (6139, 6160 or equivalent) to access the programming menus. Zone programming and wireless device enrollment _can_ be done without one, but it is _VERY DIFFICULT_, even for people who are very familiar with the programming sequence.

Retrieving Installer code
Nearly all Ademco family (this includes First Alert, Security Link, and several ADT models) panels can retrieve the Installer code by disconnecting the battery, then the AC power. Wait a minute, then reconnect power in the opposite order. Within 50 seconds, on any keypad press * + # at the same time. Unless the system has had an installer lockout feature activated, the panel should go into program mode. The details by system will vary, but the programming section number that shows on the display will be the location for the installer code (on _most_ panels this will be 20). Key in # and the location number, and the panel will read back the installer code one digit at a time. Exit program mode using *99.

To turn off the dialer on _most_ Honeywell/Ademco panels (and clones):
Once in programming enter *41* and *42*. This erases the dial out phone numbers and turns off the dialer. Check your install manual, there are a few obscure models that the phone numbers are in a different location.
Once you have the installer code, you use that to set a new master user code, and the system will be usable as a local system. This is a common system, and there are _lots_ of posts on it in this forum.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: