Change Installer code on Ademco Vista 21iP

Old 12-26-16, 12:46 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Change Installer code on Ademco Vista 21iP

I moved into a new home and i'm trying to figure out the security system. I was able to change the master code and removed the default 1234 code for arming/disarming. I'm trying to figure how how to change the installer code since the default 4112 will arm/disarm and any thief would know this default code.

It says to input 4112-8-0-0, then * 20 then the new code. This does nothing. Oddly, it makes a beep after the 800 for some reason.

Does this mean this isn't the installer code anymore? I really just want to make where only my new master code will arm/disarm the system.

I went through each user from 03-32 and removed the codes but the 4112 still arms/disarms the system.

Old 12-26-16, 02:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Yes, it means that the default installer code has been changed from the default:

Retrieving Installer code
Nearly all Ademco family (this includes First Alert, Security Link, and several ADT models) panels can retrieve the Installer code by disconnecting the battery, then the AC power. Wait a minute, then reconnect power in the opposite order. Within 50 seconds, on any keypad press * + # at the same time. Unless the system has had an installer lockout feature activated, the panel should go into program mode. The details by system will vary, but the programming section number that shows on the display will be the location for the installer code (on _most_ panels this will be 20). Key in # and the location number, and the panel will read back the installer code one digit at a time. Exit program mode using *99.
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...e-posting.html

Old 12-29-16, 05:47 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you are getting a long error tone after entering 4112 + 800, it sounds like your installer code is still set to the default 4112 code but someone has exited programming in a way that prevents re-entry with the code.

Have you tried disconnecting the backup battery and unplugging the transformer from the wall and then after plugging the transformer back into the outlet, pressing and holding * and # together on the keypad within 50 seconds of powering up?

Even if the installer code programming was locked out, this back door method into programming may work. If you still get the long error tone, then you're fully locked out and probably need to have the old monitoring company unlock it (good luck!) or get a new system if you need to make any programming changes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: