Concord 4 battery replacement

Old 01-03-17, 07:32 AM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord 4 battery replacement

I'd like to know if I can use an 8 AH or even a 9 AH battery to replace the two (main panel and aux power panel) batteries that are end of life. The batteries currently in each box are 7 AH. Will there be any issues or concerns?

Thanks.

Old 01-03-17, 06:39 PM
T
Received 100 Votes on 87 Posts
The Amp-Hour rating of sealed lead acid batteries is pretty much based on a 20-hour rate today. I can "play with the numbers" by testing a 7AH battery at a longer discharge time and come up with a higher amp-hour rating; the battery won't keep a system operating any longer, but by comparing Apples to Kumquats, I can advertise a higher amp-hour battery!

If you see a SLA battery rated higher than 7AH, investigate the discharge time. You're looking for a "20 Hr rate".

Old 01-03-17, 07:31 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
The Concord specs 7Ah as the largest battery it will charge unaided; however, an 8 or even 9 is not so far out of the capacity as to be a real issue.

You can use the chart on pages 8-9 to add up all of your alarm and standby loads to see about what kind of standby and alarm run-time you could expect from a battery.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: