Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electronic Home Security Systems, Alarms and Devices
Reload this Page >

DSC1832 battery problem, once main power disconnected, system off straight away.

DSC1832 battery problem, once main power disconnected, system off straight away.

Old 04-21-17, 01:15 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hi, I've bought a new DSC1832 panel and new battery. Connected everything and configured the zone, work as expected but one thing I couldn't figure out is the battery power for the panel. I've connected the battery to the panel, let it charge for 3 days, turn off the main power and the alarm system lost power immediately. I bought another new battery, charged for 3 days, cut off main power and the panel lost power immediately. The keypad display low battery error all the time (when main power connected) but I checked the battery voltage with multimeter, it is fully charged. May I know what is the problem here? Is it any configuration that I missed out or is it a faulty panel?

Old 04-21-17, 02:30 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Almost certainly a faulty panel. Older panels had fuse for the battery connection, but these new ones have a solid state component that sometimes fails (not common, but it happens).

But no, there's no software configuration for this. The battery switchover is all hardware/firmware.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: