Door peephole camera with WIFI, DC powered.

Old 09-14-17, 10:53 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Door peephole camera with WIFI, DC powered.

Hi

I'm trying to google and buy a peephole camera, that has a wifi capability, some sort of IR sensor that detects movements (so there would be option to capture pics, videos, realtime feed), and that can be DC powered (I would like to avoid battery powered options).

It would go to the front door of my apartment. It should look like a peephole viewer from outside. It may have display for the inside (I have seen some models, but all of them are battery powered). Other option would be not to have any display whatsoever and then hide everything with some sort of picture with deep frame or something else. The first option makes probably more sense.

Either way, I would also have to figure out how to hide/disguise the wiring coming from the center of the door.

Any ideas are very much appreciated.

Old 09-14-17, 03:27 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Something along this line may do the trick: E190NUDV, Hi-Res Color Door View Camera

Wiring attached to doors is accomplished by using a flexible lanyard piece and something like the small cord mate tubing.

Old 09-14-17, 07:18 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
I have installed many for customers they hook up to the notmal 24v door chime system. The easiest to install is from https://ring.com/video-doorbell-pro. I works with your existing set up and is fairly easy to install. Must have a traditional doorbell set up. No evasive wiring and can easily be reverted once you stop renting and have to put things back.

Old 09-15-17, 01:01 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
@ czizzi
Interesting option. Lol. Didn't even think about going the route of doorbell camera. This effectively achieves the desired result, a camera that points to the hallway, reacts to movements and captures pics, videos. So effectively I can just replace my existing doorbell right?

Now, for added security. What would be the best way to have a setup/solution that would allow me to monitor cases when someone opens the front door? Option where I could use some Android app and set periods of times where I would like to receive instant notification if the door is opened. This should also be a wifi solution.

I'm planning to order a home security service from a security company and I do know that they will install a door magnet. However, they do not provide a service of monitoring the magnet output signal when the house is not under alarm. As there will be periods like that I would still like to have a chance to know about a potential security issue. Could I potentially tap into their door magnet and therefore have a some sort of solution? Or could I have my own simple magnet solution?

I'm going to run a AirBnB and I'm just worried that someone might duplicate the key and break in at some point of time when the apartment is not rented out and is not under the alarm.

I really appreciate all the help given by you guys.
Cheers

Last edited by nipitiri; 09-15-17 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-15-17, 02:17 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
It depends on the brand of intrusion alarm you install. The DSC models have a supervisory zone type that doesn't trip the intrusion alarm, but still activates the communicator.

http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=17007

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: