DSC PC 1684 versus Nero

Old 09-21-17, 06:34 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DSC PC 1684 versus Nero

I have used a PC 1684 for several years. I have moved to a new home so I need to purchase a new system. When I went out to some of the sites to make a purchase I came across Nero series. I can't seem to find too much comparison between the Powerseries versus Nero. Has anyone purchased this new Nero unit versus the older powerseries. What have you found as the major differences and any advice between the two of which is the better unit?

Old 09-21-17, 03:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The Neo series looks to have been designed to be more wireless enabled from the ground up, and they are using a bit more advanced of a wireless protocol, and they are supposed to be a little more integrated with modern communication technology. The drawback is that the hardware is not cross compatible with the power series equipment.

As the newest tech, it's at a higher price point. Otherwise, for a typical residential it doesn't show me anything special enough to want to be an early adopter.

DSC

Old 09-21-17, 04:27 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your perspective. I have not got that far to compare cost of each components but I suspect I should do that just to see how much different it will be. For my new home, it has very limited wiring except for 2 keypads and 1 siren. Otherwise, I ran out of money for the Builder to wire other places so I will have to go wireless for most components, including adding a wireless keypad upstairs.

I like you, like the PC 1864 as it a proven product. What are your thoughts regarding adding a wireless keypad to the PC 1864? And given that I am going to be mostly wireless, does it make more sense to jump to the Nero assuming it is not $200-$300 more when I add in all of the wireless devices (4 doors, 17 windows, 5 motion, 1 wireless keypad, 2 wired keypads, 1 siren)? Also, I want to add the Envisalink module for self-monitoring.

Last edited by mwyarm; 09-21-17 at 04:31 PM. Reason: More details
Old 09-22-17, 02:32 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The power series wireless is well established and stable. The RF receiver model keypad works just as well as the add on wireless module.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: