Camera System Wiring

Old 10-20-17, 11:33 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Camera System Wiring

I am about to install a camera system into my home and thought I would get some other opinions before I start the project.

I already have the system which I removed from my last house. I plan on running everything to the master bedroom closet. There is attic access, but it for lack of a better term "SUCKS" to get access to. I am going ot have to crawl through a 2ft x 18" opening. to keep from having to do that every time I want to run a cable, I grabbed a large PVC junction box as well as some 2" SCH 40 pvc. My thought was to run the pvc from the box that will mount in the closet, up through the ceiling into the attic, make a 90* turn and end in the main space of the attic where I can get easy access and run all the wiring from there.

I have not decided how I plan to get the Siamese cable out of the junction box yet. I'm obviously going to split the cables to the DVR and the power supply. I was thinking of splitting them up in the junction box then running PVC to the back of the DVR, and to the power supply to make the install look neat and slick, but am open to other ideas.

Old 10-20-17, 06:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
I run thousands of feet of cable thru ceilings and areas like that. I snake the run using a fiberglass snake. Then I tie on a pull string and a cable or two or three. I pull that thru, Then I tie my next bundle on the pulled string along with another string.

You are talking about running a conduit and then still having to get the wire thru it.
Split loom tubing is a great way to custom make neat wire bundles.
Split-loom-tubing

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: