Vivint System Questions

Old 11-20-17, 12:51 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vivint System Questions

Hello,

Im new to this forum, I got here after google took me here but I was not able to find the answers to the questions that I have anywhere.

Long story short. I am purchasing a house with a Vivint system already installed. The current owner is taking the brain and the WiFi camera. Here are my questions:

1. Vivint or ADT or someone else?

2. I was told that the existing modules (Thermostat, Glass Break, Door, Window sensors) can link up with any system for the most part.

3. Can I install say a Vivint system myself or is a installation tech really necessary?

I tried to google but I could not ever get direct answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-20-17, 03:45 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Once upon a time, Vivint was known as APX, and tended to generate more than a few customer complaints. For awhile they were selling the 2Gig hardware package.

In my opinion, if the stuff left behind is the old 2Gig hardware, you should be able to connect to it with a 2Gig system. If it's not, better to start clean with generic hardware.

Old 11-21-17, 06:25 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I talked to Vivint and ADT about the current system in the house and from what I was told ADT was originally in the house. Once it was switched over to Vivint most of the equipment was used in the Vivint system. The system current system in the house is Vivint and it is active. They currently have a Sky Control Panel.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: