GE Concord 4 Wired and now need to add Wireless - New Homeowner

Old 01-21-18, 05:54 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE Concord 4 Wired and now need to add Wireless - New Homeowner

Glad i found this forum and i hope to learn more.I did a search on the topic im looking for but couldn't come up with the info im looking for .

I'm a new homeowner and have never used a Security service provider before . I feel i have already spent too much (1200$ ) for nothing . To give an overview , new construction , pre-wired for two Keypads, One Motion Sensor , Three Door Sensors.Cost for Pre wire is 450$

After closing and we moved in and wanted to have a security system asap , since the unfinished open holes left for the security system looks pathetic in a new house. Contacted the Provider who did the pre-wire . We didnt want to have it monitored for now and just wanted to have the devices installed and that would cover the open holes as well!. Was quoted 800$ for the GE Conord 4(with installation and settting them up), with no other option nor knowledge , i went for it . Im not sure if the price paid is worth or was i just screwed badly !! . No contract . No Monitoring .

We still have 10 windows that needs to secured . Looked up on google , looks like Concord 4 itself costs max 200-300$ ?? i still was not able to find the exact price

Looking for expert advice on how to proceed with adding wireless sensors to the rest of the windows? Should i still go with a professional to get the work done and use the Concord 4 to add wireless sensors or should i go with other wireless provider such as Simplisafe or Nest? Please advice

Old 01-22-18, 02:34 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The prices that are often advertised for mass market security installation are heavily subsidized based on the expectation of the long term monitoring contract. It rarely covers or considers the fairly high labor cost of prewiring and of installation and configuration.

The price charged for your prewire wasn't cheap, but if they did drops to all of your perimeter openings, it probably wasn't excessive.

The going rate for technicians to do the configuration is around $100/hour. So again, including hardware, you cited price wasn't outrageous.

If your system is setup and running and you have the installer code, adding more wireless devices isn't too difficult.

Old 01-22-18, 06:24 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you MRRonFL. Makes me feel better . Yes, they did the drops ,right from scratch .The 800$, was told since i chose to go with no Monitoring , in order to recoup the cost of the devices, thats the fee they came up with.
I dont have the installer code , will analyse more on this system and see if i could find more info on adding up wireless devices. Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: