Concord 4 Alarm.com GSM module

Old 02-08-18, 03:27 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Concord 4 Alarm.com GSM module

We have just finished up with safetouch thankfully and I wanted to remove the gsm module so they quit reprogramming my system. They disabled it and I went in (i have the user, dealer and installer codes, and set it all backmup just for the chime to work when a door is open and to arm and disarm so if anyone does break in at least the siren will go off.

Then a few hours later I hear a beep and look at the keypad and it says System programming so I am assuming these people have a automated signal pushed to keep disableing it. I changed the codes but it still happens.

Help please.

Old 02-08-18, 06:27 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If you have a full set of the codes, then your smart bet is to simply physically disconnect the GSM unit.

Old 02-08-18, 12:52 PM
B
Thanks MrRon.

How do I disable it in programming? When I remove the power I ger the bus 0 error on the keypad and nothing really works anymore.

Old 02-08-18, 05:32 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The module has a 8 digit ID number on it. Write that down.

Then go into system programming, and get to the accessory modules -bus device settings. From the installer manual (page 73): http://static.interlogix.com/library...ion-manual.pdf

To identify bus device unit and ID:
1. With the display showing BUS DEVICES, press #. The display shows the bus unit number and the 8-digit device ID number. For example:
UNIT- ID 0—02110185. Where 0 is the unit number and 02110185 is the device ID number.
2. Press A or B to identify all other bus unit numbers (0 to 15) and device ID numbers.

To delete learned unit numbers:
1. With the display showing BUS DEVICES, press #. The display shows the bus device set to unit number 0.
2. Press A or B until the bus device unit number you want to delete is displayed.
3. Press D. The display changes the unit number to None"

After that, you can power the system down and disconnect the GSM unit.

Old 02-09-18, 11:50 AM
B
Thank you.

I have one more question.

I have the 2 dorrs on delay (not sure how I managed to do that) and I can get the system to arm now. My issue is even with the system NOT armed, when I open a window or non delayed door, the alarm goes off. How do I make it so that I can open my windows?

Thank you

Old 02-09-18, 01:06 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
It sounds like you may have programmed those zones as 24 hour zones. Check the "sensor group" that you set for those zone inputs/transmitters.

Old 02-09-18, 02:59 PM
B
Is there a way to see the programming? I never set up any partitions groups or zones. In the manual it shows Group 10 is for entry and exit so I am assuming this has some sort of delay (is there a way I can set the partition group to a delay of a time I choose, say 5 minutes?

Moving on, the manual also shows
The factory default zone inputs and group number are:
Zone input 1 – Group 10 (entry/exit)
Zone input 2 – Group 17 (instant interior follower) What does this mean?
Zone input 3 to Zone input 8 – Group 13 (instant perimeter) What does this mean?

When I go to learn sensors, which Partition and which group should I set the windows so the alarm does not go off when not armed?

Old 02-09-18, 03:13 PM
B
I figured it out!!! Thanks for your help MrRon, greatly appreciated. I had to go to Edit Sensors and then put them on Group 13.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: